Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BISHOP'S SUPER ACTIVITY AT LAKE LOWELL

Kalie Butterfield, my hero!!  See story at the bottom.....
Saturday, July 7th, the Bishop planned a Super Activity for the Youth at Lake Lowell. He put the Beehives in charge of food and so Brandi made lots of assignments! Here's Samantha with a little treat that was brought! YUMMY!

We had more girls than boys show up (about 9 girls & 4 boys) but it was a super hot day so the kids had a great time playing in the water.

And relaxing on blankets while eating and drying off.

Lunch was really good! Ham and turkey sandwiches, chips, cold watermelon and lots of cookies and cupcakes!

And back to the water!!!

Hyrum!

Kaylee!

Ashlee!

Samantha!

Isabella!

Stephen!

Courtney!

Samantha and Chelsee!

Isabella, Kaylee and Lindsey!

The girls (but not all of them) posed for a picture!

Testing the water! AGAIN!

Courtney needs a little sunscreen and Isabella was happy to oblige!

The water babies!

We ate, swam, ate, swam ..... fun day!

Chelsee showing off her Goooood sandwich! It was a fun activity and a great day. But there was a great lesson to be learned from this fun activity! One I learned from one of my girls! Kallie asked me to keep a very special ring SAFE for her! It was an heirloom her boyfriend gave to her. (it had been his grandmothers)  I was carrying arounf my camera case so she placed the ring in the front pocket. All was well and after lunch and the girls went back to the water, I took it out to show the other leaders. I then placed it in my camera case but in the same pocket the camera fits in and I put the whole thing in my car because I figured I'd taken enough pictures and we were starting to clean things up. Well Stephen and Brother Bryan started fooling around and I thought "I'VE GOT TO GET A PICTURE OF THIS" ...... so I ran to my car, grabbed my camera and took it out on the run! BIG MISTAKE!  The ring fell out and I didn't know it. When I next saw Kallie, I went to give her ring back and it wasn't there. I was SICK!  She said "Don't worry Sister Norton, lets say a prayer!"  We did and started looking .... Soon I saw Kallie on her knees by a picnic table saying another prayer. We looked for 5 minutes and then others asked what we were doing.  We told them (at this point I'm getting choked up) so everyone started to look. After 15 or 20 minutes, the Bishop said it was time to have a closing prayer and get ready to go home. He offered it and he said, if it was Heavenly Father's will for us to find the ring, we would but if we didn't he prayed for Kallie to be understanding and OK with it. (I was saying NO, NO, we have to find it to myself)  After the prayer, Brother Preece said for a group of kids to get on their knees and start scouring the grass and within 3 seconds, Kallie said "I FOUND IT" ... I was so re leaved that I started to cry and thank Heavenly Father silently and then I saw Kallie on her knees by the picnic table again thanking Heavenly Father.  WHAT AN EXAMPLE TO ME! It was a great example of Faith and the Power of Prayer! I LOVE MY GIRLS!





No comments:

Post a Comment