Wednesday, January 25, 2012

LAUREL FATHER DAUGHTER ACTIVITY

The Laurels had an activity planned with some Priests from Caldwell and the boys copped out on us at the last minute!! The girls were disappointed but I told them that I would have some guys come anyway. They questioned me as to who they were, how old they were, if they liked them, were they cute??????? I was very evasive in my answers and so the girls were very surprised WHEN .......

Their father's showed up .................

It was such a
GREAT EVENING!!!
I was rather proud of myself for pulling this one off!
I had 3 buckets on the table and there were questions in each one.
Questions for the girls to see what they knew about their father ......
Questions for the fathers to see what they knew about their daughters and ......
Questions about their wife/mother that they could answer together.

Some of the things I asked were not worth points because there was no right or wrong answer ... like : What thoughts and emotions went through your mind the 1st time you held your daughter as a baby! Some of the answers were fun and some very spiritual!
After we played the game, I asked each father to tell the girls how they met their wife, the girls mother! It was so fun to hear all the answers and we all had a great time!

When the evening was over I told the girls that we had learned a very important thing from our evening:
Boys can disappoint us sometimes:
and then I pulled out a big container of caramel popcorn and I said .....
But you can always count on your POP!

It was such a fun evening! The girls had a great time as did the father's! One father said it was a lot funner than he thought it was going to be!!

The treats were good too and everyone enjoyed eating and visiting after our evening was over.

I was so grateful to the father's. They ALL said they would be there and they came through for their daughters! It was a special evening and I learned a lot too!
GOOD TIMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment