Sunday, September 25, 2011

TEMPLE TRIP

We took the youth down to Twin Falls on Saturday the 24th to do baptisms. We left at 7AM! That means they had to get up at 5:30 AM. We had 16 girls show up! I was thrilled! The boys had 8 so we doubled them!!
Makayla and Samantha and Lindsey rode with me!!

We tried keeping up with Brother Stuckki and the BMW (Big Mormon Wagon ... a term of endearment from the kids) but the only time I could was when there was some construction and he had to slow down to 50. LOL

We were able to get a picture of the kids waving at us!! FUN!

Lindsey was always avoiding the camera but not Makayla or Sam!!

We finally arrive in Twin at the Temple so I got a shot of Kaylee, Ashlee, Shelbee and Beth!!

Lindsey avoiding my camera AGAIN!! ......

Mike with Brother and Sister Lyons!

The kids entering the temple! I love their enthusiasm!!

We had 35 in our party!! It was an awesome turnout!!

I managed to get pictures coming out after doing nearly 300 baptisms and confirmations!!

And Tatum posed!! So cute!

They were still coming out and I was trying to herd them into a group so I could get a picture!! It's like Brother Adamson says ..."It's like herding cats!" lol

But I was pretty successful!! Looking good Youth of Nampa 4th ward!!

EVEN BETTER!!!

And a side view!! Simply breathtaking with the sun shining off Moroni!!

We all brought sack lunches and there are several spots on the temple grounds with benches and places to sit so we all found various spots and enjoyed our lunch on the temple grounds! It was great!!
Some sat by the fountain and I zoomed in and was able to get some of the kids eating their lunch.

And I got a good one of Samantha, Makayla and Lindsey!! Lindsey was eating and didn't get camera shy! lol She probably didn't know I took the picture!

I got the girls to pose by the fountain with Cameron Shiley! I think Kellen Moore could have looked like Cameron when he was young!! I tell Cameron
ALL THE TIME that he looks like Kellen.
Cameron kept his distance!! He is so cute!

I tried to get a NICE picture of Megan but she wasn't havin it!! That tongue has to be out there all the time!! Courtney and Tatum posed good!!

We took them to the Institute after we were finished at the temple and it was great!!

The kids filed in and were seated!

The Institute Director spoke to them briefly and showed them some videos and it was actually very spiritual.
He then served them Ice Cream sandwiches and Brother Owen got out the donuts he had brought so the kids got a good sugar high before we left Twin Falls! lol

Mingling and visiting with one another.

Samantha and Makayla, such good friends!

And Jacinda .... she loves EVERYONE and loves to have her picture taken! She and her brother are not members yet but they were able to go and wait in the waiting room at the temple.

Tatum enjoying her ice cream sandwich! Looks like the girls in the back are loving them too!

And then Megan ................... and that tongue!!

Caroline and Kennedy in the back ground!




Chelsee, enjoying that maple bar!!

Caroline and Beth!
Such pretty girls!
Beth, Caroline and Kaylee!

Ashlee making a funny face!!


The boys found the game room so some played pool and ...............
some played ping pong!

Time to head home. Lindsey took my camera and took some shots! Makayla, making a face ....
Me, ......................... see I was really there! I drove!!
And the speed limit no less!!

Brother Breashears passed me . I guess they figured I was too slow!

Lindsey caught me eating a cookie! (Like the ice cream sandwich and the donut wasn't enough!!) lol

Lindsey rode up front with me on the way back and she enjoyed taking pictures of Sam and Makayla!!

And I think they enjoyed having their pictures taken!
We got back to Nampa safe and sound and it was an extremely nice day!!
I love the Young Women!!

No comments:

Post a Comment